We recently took Ollie on his first Disney Cruise, and he loooooved it. Like most of our Disney days, having a toddler means adjusting our usual plans for whatever he wants to do, and this trip was no different!
Cruising with a toddler can be stressful, so I thought I’d share Ollie’s top 10 favorite things about our trip!
- SMALL WORLD NURSERY. This was the biggest hit and despite the fact that I was on the verge of tears dropping him off (this was our first random drop-off with people we didn’t know), HE was in tears after picking him up! Every time we’d walk by the nursery the rest of our trip, he’d race to the door and bang for them to let him in to play with the toys! Ollie was absolutely in heaven. He was given snacks and apple juice every hour and they fed him TWO lunches and I’m pretty sure it’s his favorite place in the whole entire world. Oh, when we picked him up after our wedding on the ship’s pirate night, THIS FACE was greeting us on pick up and I died. Right there. <3
2. MICKEY WAFFLES. And this boy loves a good buffet, so Cabana’s is tied for 2nd here! :)
3. THESE LOBBY STEPS. Another best was killing about an hour just climbing up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down.
4. When we let him *leave* the splash pad. Everyone told us he’d love this amazing Finding Nemo splash pad but he cried the entire 15 minutes we “made” him play there!
5. Pepe the King Prawn Muppet has a hidden door on the ship!! Ollie found it and was ecstatic to find vacation photos of his “Babies!”
6. Running down every hallway and fist bumping any cast member or day guest who would let him!!
7. Did y’all know there’s a giant mural of Nate on the Disney Cruise Line?! Me neither, but Ollie was *convinced* this was his father and pointed, smiled, shrieked, and yelled “DADA!” every time we walked by, lol! :)
8. THIS rope. NOT the one next to it, only THIS one. Killed about 20 minutes right here!
9. Did you know every stateroom comes with this electronic hidden treasure chest?! This little safe kept Ollie occupied while we got ready every morning! He wasn’t able to crack the code this time, but I have faith he can do it on our next cruise! :)
10. Last but certainly not least, the little pirate Mickey tattoo he was given from the Small World Nursery! He just loved seeing “MEME!” every time he looked down at his arm, and we’d constantly see him just smiling and petting his arm, lol.
We really had a wonderful first family cruise and I *cannot* wait for our next one!! :)